Accounts Payable Assistant APPLY NOW
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
Performs accounting task related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable by handling day-to-day management of all payment cycle activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Verifies and reconciles invoices / billings received
- Records invoices / billings to proper general ledger accounts
- Obtains approval from appropriate personnel for payment processing
- Reviews invoices / billings scheduled for payment, prints approved checks, prepare and routes for signature
- Prepares internal and external reporting requirements
- Receives and answers phone calls from vendors or other departments about payment status of invoices.
- Performs other accounting duties as requested by the Accounting Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficient to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel